Awesome, try out SMO services
Hire #1 Social Media Expert.
What is Social media optimization (SMO)?
Social Media Optimization (SMO) is the use of social media networks to manage and grow an organization’s message and online presence.
As a digital strategy, social media optimization can be used to increase awareness of new products and services, connect with customers, and ameliorate potential damaging news.
How does SMO works?
- Defining objectives and setting goals
- Increasing linkability
- Tagging content so it travels faster
- Making access to content easy
- Using permalinks in blogs for keywords and sharing
- Reward helpful and valuable influencers
- Knowing who and how to target
- Reputation – build your reputation as a reliable qualified source
- Engagement – encourage more engagement, sharing & reciprocate
- Authority – become a notable authority in your field of expertise
- Leadership – harness originality & creativity, be a Thought Leader
- Social – be social, find and engage sociable experts in your field
- Media – know your social media platforms to maximize influence
- Optimization – improve technical aspects to increase optimization
WHAT DOES SMO INVOLVE?
SMO is an ever evolving and changing set of tasks and optimisations to be performed regularly and consistently. But here is a very basis list of some of the items that fall under SMO.
- Optimising your social platforms (Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Facebook,etc.) to meet channel best practice.
- Using relevant hashtags (for Instagram and Twitter) to improve your content discovery.
- Creating content that is relevant to your target market and that encourages them to engage with (share, comment, watch, read and co-create).
- Integrating and connecting all your social channels with your website and with each other.
- Making it easier for users to share you content from your website.
- Allowing users to socially comment on your products from your website.
- Engaging with other people’s and organisations content to stay at the forefront of people’s attention.
- Track your content performance.
- Employ paid media to gain greater reach and engagement with your content